You didn't ride bike when you were a kid, oh my, you have missed and the bad part is you don't have an idea what you missed. oh yeah let me stop using you, you, you I have missed too lol and why was that? cause I was always too scared, so careful I didn't want even the tiniest scratch on me, I didn't want to feel even the slightest pain what so ever but then I missed all the fun, the exercise, the freedom, feel of the cool breeze and the feeling of belonging to the fun group "oh my, pained much".
And now I know some parents will have kids like me, you can help your kids by giving them a little assurance of no hurt, no pain by making them feel safe and putting the following biking safety tips for kids to use:
- First and most important ensure they wear a helmet to protect them from head injuries. Head injuries are very dangerous and can result to serious damage or even death so always be a step ahead of danger/accident. use your helmet and please use the right helmet don't give Daddy's helmet to junior or wear junior the wrong size, when you go to pick up the helmet ask for biking helmet for kids and ensure you go with your kid so they can try it on.
- Wear them their knee pad to protect their knees from knee injury, it is another part where kids get easily injured when they bike and the bad part is, this part is hard to heal so why wait to go through all the stress of watching your child go through pain without being able to heal them, when you could have done the right thing and save them the trouble and yourself the trauma.
- Ensure they wear shoes that cover their whole feet and not the ones that will either expose their toes or heels
- Never leave your kid to bike on their own, they should always bike in the presence of an adult, Why? cause the danger an adult see coming while sitting down,, a child cannot see while biking, lol a little twist right there. Plus your presence also serve other purposes but we will be unto that, next time.
- And lastly ensure they don't wander to the main road, they should always be on the side walk and opposite oncoming vehicle, that is, in the absence of a garden, playground, lawn e.t.c.
- Do not allow loose clothing for biking always ensure they wear fitted cloths.
- Teach them to obey traffic rules while young and they will never depart from it
Drop your comments, share and follow pleassse be a safety ambassador